Extraordinary General Meeting - 2009-11-17 Notice
Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM)
Tuesday November 17, 2009, 7pm-8:30pm Where: Free Geek, 1820 Pandora St. (back door)
1. Introductions/attendance/roles <5 min>
Facilitator: Regulator: Scribe: Consensus Intro: Minutes Checker: Time Checker:
2. Welcome <2 min>
- 1. What is consensus? <3 min>
- 2. Description of current governance, members - <5 min>
Q&A <5 min>
Motions for Special Resolutions <20 min>
- Current directors who are present introduce themselves, announce open position <5 min>
- Discussion: role of the board <15 min>
- 1. Presentation of directors legal responsibilities, with Free Geek flavour
- 2. Discussion
3. Candidates nominate and introduce themselves <3 minutes each>
- They may speak to these questions if they like:
- What is your interest in joining the Board?
- What past or present experience do you have with Free Geek?
- Do you have other non-profit or community service experience?
- Additional skills, abilities or professional abilities that pertain to Board service.
- Current occupation and/or employment.
- 4. First round discussion: candidates in the room) <20 min>
- -Q & A (once all candidates are finished introducing themselves)
- 5. Second round discussion (candidates retire)
- -Candidates leave the room
- -Remaining group discusses each candidate
- -Group arrives at consensus (hopefully) on new director appointment to available slot
- No notes or minutes are permitted to be kept during this time***
Addition to the Board
- -Candidates re-enter. Consensus of the group is announced.
- -Board accepts the consensus of the group.
- -New board member is inducted.