Directors Meeting - 2017-10-15
Revision as of 12:49, 9 December 2017 by
- Scott B
- Rex B
- Volker S
- Michele W
- Diane R
- Scott B
- Michele W
- Financial Report
- HR Discussion
- Credit Card Processor
- Meetings with 2600
- Closing Remarks
- I just got August’s numbers. We’re $2000 in the red this month.
- I am expecting to be about $10,000 in the red this fiscal year.
- I am concerned about the expenses. We have $3300 owed to Siena in November. Next year there will be more large expenses; the remaining $3300 to Siena in January, as well as a $5000 repayment to Vancity in March.
- We have saved some money on reduced expenses. Rent has been renegotiated and has gone down.
- We would be more in the hole if not for the grant from Vancity. I’d recommend looking more into grant writing.
- The only way we can cut costs is through payroll, but that will affect our ability to create new revenue streams.
- We should be soliciting donations during OHN and asking corporations to donate their computers. Ideally, a marketing director could help us with this.
- To break even over the next 6 months, we would have to make an additional $2400 per month.
- Karen wanted to know if it would make a difference to keep the store open for an extra week before Christmas.
- Michele: In my experience, that wouldn’t be worth it. Tim tried this in 2013, I believe, and sales were very slow. It also puts a lot of additional stress on the people working the store.
- Diane: Is there enough money to cover expenses such as payroll and rent?
- Volker: Currently, yes.
- Diane: Would it be useful to have a number of staff who are responsible for making hire decisions? There should be the same protocol used each time.
- Scott: We need to identify who can fill in for tasks if someone is unable to come in.
- Diane: It would be helpful to note who is doing what task now.
- Volker: There are courses available on lynda.com. It’s run by Linked In. You can get access through Vancouver Public Library. This would be useful for staff who want additional training.
|Scott & Diane||Ask staff what tasks they're performing that are not part of their job.||Over next month.|
|Scott & Diane||Ask staff to fill out skills matrix.||Over next month.|
|Michele||Look into planning quarterly meetings between staff and board.||ASAP|
Credit Card Processor
|Board||Approve termination of contract with Chase and move to another provider as proposed.||Now|
Meetings with 2600
- Rex: Genevieve wants to plan a meeting with 2600 one Friday each month. Will the Board endorse this?
|Board||Endorse monthly meetings with 2600.||Now|
- The board wishes to commend Genevieve on her great proposals.
- Next meeting to be scheduled mid-late November.