2009 AGM Agenda
Welcome & Warmup
1. Introductions/attendance/roles <5 min>
Regulator: Luke Closs
2. What is consensus?
3. Welcome <2 min>
4. Haiku-rama <15 min>
- Warm up to get the juices flowing & meet your neighbour. In pairs, people collaborate on a haiku (3 line non-rhyming poem) or two about FG, compooters or anything else
- First line has 5 syllables, then the next 7 syllables, then the last 5 again. (E.g. "free" has 1 syllable, "soft-ware" has two)
- We listen to beeps
- Watch the sunset, push buttons
- Another day done.
- 1. Description of current governance, members <5 min>
- Q&A <5 min>
- 2. What is consensus? <2 min>
- 1. Financial - Presented by Sean H. <15 min> Includes Q&A
See 2009 Directors Nominations to view those candidates who have already nominated themselves.
- 1. Current directors introduce themselves, announce open positions <5 min>
- 2. Discussion
- role of the board <15 min>
- 1. Presentation of legal rights & responsibilities, with Free Geek flavour- Presented by Ifny
- 2. Discussion
- 3. Candidates nominate and introduce themselves <3 minutes each>
- They may speak to these questions if they like:
- What is your interest in joining the Board?
- What past or present experience do you have with Free Geek?
- Do you have other non-profit or community service experience?
- Additional skills, abilities or professional abilities that pertain to Board service.
- Current occupation and/or employment.
- 4. First round discussion
- (candidates in the room) <20 min>
- -Q & A (once all candidates are finished introducing themselves)
- 5. Second round discussion (candidates retire)
- -Candidates leave the room
- -Remaining group discusses each candidate
- -Group arrives at consensus (hopefully) on new director appointments to available slots
- No notes or minutes are permitted to be kept during this time
Changing of the Board
- -Candidates re-enter. Consensus of the group is announced.
- -Board accepts the consensus of the group.
- -Current board's last action is to accept candidates supported by membership, after which they step down.
- -New board members are inducted.
Closing and Adjournment
- -Souvenir I survived an FG AGM t-shirts distributed ;)