The official Free Geek website is located at http://freegeekvancouver.org.
The main contacts for the website are the Free Geek Vancouver sysadmins <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
You will need to have a public SSH key registered to the server by a sysadmin.
Woodcut is required to build the website source. Install it on your workstation like this:
sudo apt-get install python-setuptools git clone git://github.com/lukecyca/woodcut.git cd woodcut python setup.py install
- Clone the repository:
git clone http://repo.shop.lan/r/app/website.git/
- Add production remote:
git remote add production email@example.com:app/website
Making Changes to the Website
- Reset Boron before making any updates, because our servers hate us:
ssh boron.shop.lan sudo reboot
- Once Boron has rebooted, clean out any temporary files:
ssh boron.shop.lan sudo apt-get clean
- Use df -h to ensure the amount of filespace has increased.
Editing and testing
- cd website
git pull --ff-only
- Edit files to change as necessary
- Run woodcut to see final output:
woodcut build . /tmp/www --copy
- View output at file:///tmp/www in your webbrowser
git add <modified file>
git commitIt will ask you to enter a message describing your changes
git push production master
oh gosh there's errors
- Do all these in a terminal:
touch fix git add fix git commit -m 'fix' git rm fix git commit -m 'fix deploy' ssh boron.shop.lan sudo reboot wait for a few minutes, chill out ssh boron.shop.lan sudo apt-get clean try pushing again