Thrift Store Volunteer
If you are a sales coordinator, store core personnel, or store instructor (and that makes you the one in charge and responsible, please refer to Thrift Store Procedures.
Thank you for volunteering at the store! Your activities at this station will include some or all of the following:
- Shuttling supplies from the warehouse/eval/testing.
- Maintaining tidy displays and a clean store, creating order from chaos.
- Helping customers and members find what they need when required, and preferably helping them feel welcome/relaxed/happy.
- Operating the till.
- Answering the phone.
- Representing FGV and the Open Source community to the public.
- The having of fun.
Some skills you may use or gain:
- Hardware knowledge - how to identify gear.
- Customer Service.
- Cash handling.