Store Coordinator position
Free Geek is an environmentally-conscious, non-profit community technology centre. We are hiring a new Store Coordinator for our computer thrift store.
This position is part of a worker collective in a consensus-based organisation. All full-time staff at Free Geek receive the same wage, regardless of position or seniority. Current salary is $25,000 per year, averaging about 36 hours per week. Full benefits will be provided after 3 month trial period. Training will be paid and provided on-the-job.
Free Geek is an affirmative action employer; please note however that the Free Geek facility is not yet wheelchair accessible.
- Maintain, develop and run the Free Geek computer Thrift Store
- Deliver monthly reports to the general membership
- Handle cash, and reports related to it
- Interact with customers and volunteers
- Maintain up-to-date/competitive pricing
- Develop and grow retail/wholesale customers
- Communicate regularly with other Free Geek coordinators and participate in collective management structure; attend regular staff meetings.
- Retail and sales skills
- Hardware knowledge a must
- Good phone handling skills
- Patient and courteous with the public and volunteers
- Good at multitasking
- Familiar with free and open source software
- Knowledge of the used hardware market and/or wholesaling
- Consensus experience; anti-oppression training
- Experience in non-hierarchical organisations
- Familiarity with Free Geek's mandate, documentation and current programs
- Interest in environmental issues related to electronic waste
- Current occupational first aid certificate
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress in a somewhat chaotic setting, and maintain a positive attitude. You won't be afraid to ask questions but will be able to upkeep your responsibilities almost entirely without supervision. You will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.
How to Apply
- Be sure to mention in the subject line which position you are applying for.
- Only interview candidates will be contacted and asked to complete a job application form.
Email resumes in plain text or PDF format to:
freegeekhiring =at =gmail =dot =com
Deadline for submission
- Interviews will begin Friday 26th February.
- The ideal candidate will be ready to start immediately upon hiring.