The store coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations of the Free Geek thrift store, including both front-end and administrative tasks. This position is part of a worker collective in a consensus-based organization.
- Recruit, train, and supervise store volunteers.
- Provide customer assistance, such as answering questions, finding items, and testing.
- Research and price merchandise, as well as set general pricing policy.
- Run the cash register and perform end of day cash count.
- Write and advertise store policy.
- Coordinate with other staff members to maintain stock.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to fill requests.
- Collect data on sales, and provide regular reports.
- Improve documentation and infrastructure related to the store.
- Maintain the cleanliness and layout of store.
- Keep the store-related areas of the Wiki up to date.
- Advertise the store and our products online.
- Design and promote sale events through social media and the announcement list.
- Attend meetings to discuss topics of interest, and collaborate on solutions.
- Attend community outreach events to promote our work.
- File incident reports about theft and other store incidents.
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of computer hardware knowledge
- Attentive to detail
- Basic math skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Well organized
- Volunteer experience at Free Geek
- Familiarity with free and open source software, including Ubuntu
- Current first aid certification
- Previous retail or sales experience
- Knowledge of environmental issues related to e-waste
- Experience in a non-hierarchical organization
- Experience with consensus