You will need a set of certificates in order to access Free Geek, contact a Workgroups/Sysadmin member to get access.
Ubuntu 12.04+ access instructions
- Install network-manager-openvpn
- Go to dash, open "Network Connections"
- Select the VPN tab
- click 'Add'
- select OpenVPN and press create
- Enter a name ( "Free Geek Vancouver" )
- Ensure "connect automatically" is not checked
- Enter "vpn.freegeekvancouver.org" as the gateway
- Set type to Certificates (TLS)
- Set the user certificate to your *.crt file
- Set the CA certificate to your ca.crt file
- Set the private key to your *.key file
- Enter the password for your key
- Select Advanced
- Change the gateway port to 5000
- Select 'Use LZO data compression'
- Select OK
- Back in the main Free Geek Vancouver window
- Ensure Available to all users is deselected
- Press 'Save...'
- Then close the network connections window
- You should now be able to connect to Free Geek Vancouver
- Use XCA to create a certificate under the VPN CA
- Send root ca.crt, user-name.crt with VPN CA certificate appended and user-name.key to the user