Monthly Meeting - 2013-05-14

From FGWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Public meeting minutes for Tuesday, May 14th 2013 at 6:30pm
Location: 1820 Pandora Street
Previous: Monthly Meeting - 2013-04-09 | Next: Monthly Meeting - 2013-06-11



Chris H., Brian M., Steve K., Mike F., Bernie K.

Explanation of roles

Facilitator: Chris H.

Scribe: Chris H.?

Consensus briefing

Consensus briefer: None



Build / Production

  • Laptops: steady; more newer & dual-cores, fewer older; better stock of SATA hard drives
  • Desktops: lots of low-ends
  • Lots of LCD monitors

H & S

  • Adrian got First Aid cert.; Mike soon
  • Kit complete; storage of kit still needs improvement


  • Good amount of incoming
  • PCB shipment sent


  • Booked weeks in advance (still)
  • New schedule sheet (with clearly-written rules!) in place. Optimal number of volunteer hours per weekday is 75. Still need a way of keeping people more accountable for showing up for their shifts.


Strongest month of April on record for overall sales.


$15.4 k net


$4.4 k net.

HW Grants

  • Slow. Around 4 for the whole month of April and May so far. Not in season?

Staff / HR

  • Workgroup has met
  • Working on job descriptions and templates
  • Increased employee safety boot allowance benefit

Directors / Governance

  • Talked about holding the next AGM in late June
  • Added Adam to Directors mailing list

Old business

Motion to pass the minutes from the previous meeting


New business

Improve cooling in premises

  • PROPOSAL: Ask Health & Safety workgroup to work on this. APPROVED.
COMMIT: Mike to make request.

Security cameras

  • PROPOSAL: Ask Health & Safety workgroup to work on this. APPROVED.
COMMIT: Mike to make request.

Request to update employee extended benefits

  • PROPOSAL: Ask HR workgroup to work on it. APPROVED.
COMMIT: Chris to make request.

Next meeting

When: Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm

Where: Free Geek Vancouver, 1820 Pandora St., back door


Facilitator: Chris H.

Scribe: Mike F.