Monthly Meeting - 2010-02-09
George L. (Facilitator), Mike Mc, Joshua C. Brian L., Marco G. Jeff E., Chris H. (Scribe), Bernie K., Devenne D.
late: Raul V., Alec S., Simon P., Alex F.
Delivered by George.
- Patrick resigned as Store Coordinator; George acting replacement
- Ifny resigned as Outreach Coordinator; duties redistributed to Staff and Directors
- hiring: Production Coordinator position
- hiring: Store Coordinator position
- posted on Wiki but not on front page of web-site
- CORRECTION: Build Coordinator position posted to Wiki
- staff busy with receiving and volunteers
- Jane hired temporarily for administrative assistance
- discussions between staff and directors (regarding staff/directors meeting, i.e. the adoption of several proposals:
- What to do if something can't be resolved within the staff group? It was agreed that it can come to the directors; the directors will first attempt to mediate, and if that fails, will impose a solution that is binding upon staff.
- HR: HR duties given to staff.
- Accountability: Use of Roundup tracker for staff commits (which is supposed to have commenced already...)
- Reporting: Issues i.e. conflicts with customers should be reported via email to the board for record-keeping.
- approximately $16,000
- George will provide exact figure to scribe after meeting.
- January 2010
- total: $16,149.35
- retail: $12,004.19
- wholesale: $3707.16
- commit from Alec about Public Forum Code of Conduct on mailing list is complete
- numbers from Free Geek's accountant considered part of raise explanation below
- carry forward Jessica's signs, Chris's mail
- miscommunication from Staff meeting to General meeting about information provided by Free Geek's accountant
- raise rolled back to $0.50 from $1.00
- considered non-controversial, so did not wait to implement
- report that pick up fees have been raised
- pick up rates posted (website or Wiki?)
- Suggestion and discussion about Free Geek using "green Internet search engine" for the public terminals.
- COMMIT: Alec to look at search engine.
- Suggestion and discussion about decorating computers?
- considered an exciting idea
- does not fit Free Geek's current business model
- Question about wholesale versus individual sales?
- Free Geek's current state of sales explained.
- Question about Free Geek canvasing corporations for volunteers?
- Employees of corporate donors tend to volunteer with Free Geek on their own.
- Outreach to universities and colleges suggested.
- Question about Free Geek reclaiming precious metals on its own.
- Free Geek not setup as smelter or electro-chemical reclamation facility.
COMMIT: Alec to look check "green Internet search engine".
When: Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Free Geek, 1820 Pandora St, back door
Consensus briefer: n/a