The Linux lspci command - list PCI devices - is used at FGV to determine technical details of hardware components being tested.
Finding The Component Slot
- Open a Terminal and make it full screen.
sudo lspciThis will generate a huge list containing all kinds of hardware details.
- look for the component you are searching for and determine its slot number
- video and wireless cards often appear near the end of the listing
- slot numbers look like this: 01:00.2
Display Details About the Component
lspci -v -s <slot number>
lspci -s -v 01:00.0
- v means verbose, that is, provide more detail
- for even more detail you can type -vv (two v's) or even -vvv (three v's)