Free Geek Affirmative Action Policy
What is Affirmative Action?
Affirmative action refers to policies that take race, ethnicity, or gender into consideration in an attempt to promote equal opportunity or increase ethnic or other forms of diversity.The impetus towards affirmative action is twofold: to maximize diversity in all of Free Geek, and to redress perceived disadvantages due to societal, institutional, or involuntary discrimination. In practise this means giving extra consideration to women, people with disabilities, aboriginal people, and visible minorities.
How does Free Geek implement affirmative action?
- Acting as an Affirmative Action Employer
- Using consensus decision making
- Encouraging a non-hierarchical work environment
- Practising compassionate/non-violent communication
- Holding open monthly meetings, open meeting minutes and policies on our wiki.