Directors Meeting - 2019-04-06
- Operational Updates
- Subcommittee Updates
- Strategic Planning
- Store Revenue
- Mimi and Sara will be leading the store as managers for a two month trial period.
- Interviews for a new store associate to begin shortly, led by Vivian and Karen.
- Joel will conduct reviews with Mimi and Sara regarding how the Board can support their goals and development.
- The Diversity Subcommittee recommends that forms be created for reports of harassment, and that incidents are followed up upon a few days later to ensure involved persons have a chance to cool down.
- There have been follow up questions regarding the data collection phase for the Women+ OHN, specifically as to what information is needed.
- Clarifies that data collection is not a requirement for starting the pilot.
- He requests questionnaire asking questions around the following:
- How did you hear about this event?
- Were you aware of our other events?
- Why did you decide to come in?
- The goal is to find out what we can do to make Free Geek a more inclusive and welcoming place, and ensure more people are comfortable coming in.
- Marketing Subcommittee updates deferred to next meetings.
- The Board's top three priorities are:
- Improving desktop and laptop production
- Increasing social presence
- Increasing cash flow via grants and other non-store revenue
- Working on these three items will be our top priority for the next six months. Our biggest barriers are lack of promotional material, and lack of space to store donated items.
- Having volunteers sort cables instead of recycling them is a feasible revenue stream, but it has been hard to get volunteers willing to perform that task. Robert and Flo will work on creating incentives for that area, and then report to the Board.
- Michele will be following up with two contacts regarding additional storage space.
- Joel and Glen will assist with finishing the new website.
- Joel will update photos taken by volunteer photographer to Google Drive.
- The goal will be to finish the website by the end of April.