Directors Meeting - 2018-08-16

From FGWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Directors meeting minutes for Thursday, August 16th 2018 at 6:30pm
Previous: Directors Meeting - 2018-07-20 | Next: TBD


Introduction

Attendance

  • Scott B
  • Rex B
  • Volker S
  • Michele W
  • Christopher W

Guests

  • Joel D

Facilitator

  • Scott B

Scribe

  • Michele W

Agenda

  1. Heat Concerns
  2. Security Camera Policy
  3. AGM Planning
  4. Merchandise
  5. Financials

Discussion

Heat Concerns

  • Staff have a policy to send volunteers home when warehouse temperatures exceed 30°C, but would like a policy for staff.
  • Board considers it acceptable to work remotely or flex hours to work during cooler times, but not acceptable to leave with pay. Breaks to be taken as needed to avoid heat exhaustion.
  • Scott to speak to Karen and Alan about installing exhaust fan in ceiling.
  • Alan has agreed to allow the glass to be removed from the wall between the mezzanine and warehouse levels, but only if it can be removed as one piece.
  • Board will approve a $350 expense to replace existing fan in warehouse.
  • Board to look into adding window A/C unit for store and/or office for 2019 budget, if funds permit.

Security Camera Policy

  • Old policy is out of date and is no longer efficient for staff.
  • Michele to draft new set of guidelines by the end of August; will liase with Lucas about new system.

AGM Planning

  • Proposal to hold 2018 AGM on Thursday, September 13, 7PM, at Free Geek premises passed by consensus.
  • Michele to ask staff to clear warehouse, send out notice to members, and finalize preparations.
  • Board decides to not allow electronic voting as we have not tested it before.
  • All board nominees asked to submit a blurb about themselves.

Merchandise

  • Michele to get quote on printing another batch of tshirts.

Financials

  • Contrary to expectations, we will not need to cash in the GIC to continue operations.