Directors Meeting - 2017-09-17
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Discussion
- 3 Closing Remarks
- Scott B
- Rex B
- Volker S
- Michele W
- Diane R
- Scott B
- Michele W
- Contract with Siena Consulting
- Liability Insurance
- Board of Trade Membership
- HR Development
- (In camera)
- Business Cards & Titles
- Social Media Volunteer
- Vantage Point Membership
Contract with Siena Consulting
- Diane: Could Siena be a contact for companies who could donate to us? They seem to work with a lot of organizations, including some government ministries.
- Scott: Staff have renegotiated the contract with Siena. Are there any objections to the new contract?
|Board||Consensus: Approve new contract.||Now|
- Scott: I will get in contact with the insurance provider.
Board of Trade Membership
- Scott: George’s membership can be transferred; we’ve paid for it for the remainder of the year. The staff have asked that it go to a director. I’m interested in taking the membership if nobody else is.
- Michele: In the past, some of the staff had interest in reviews and crisis management training. I will have to ask if those are still the case.
- Diane: What about staff contracts? They are a necessary business document.
- Michele: There was an attempt to create them early this year, but there were a lot of problems with the proposed contracts.
- Scott: I can add that to my list of topics of things to talk to Siena.
- Volker: I would like staff to track their unpaid overtime more accurately. It would help us establish a metric to how much staff time we need, and how many people we need to hire to cover everything.
- Diane: I’d like to have conversations with all the staff members to get a better sense of how operations works.
- Scott: Karen has sent me an email asking about joint Board and staff meetings. I will mail the staff to follow up.
|Board||Consensus: Increase billable hours for two current staff members.||Now|
Business Cards & Titles
- Diane: We should remove the hours.
- Scott: I’d like it to have a plain back so we can write on it.
- Volker: We should get cards that are using recyclable materials.
- Scott: What is the minimum we need? 100?
- Diane: 250 might be better.
- Rex: In the past, we had business cards that stated our titles as “Lead Faciliator” and “Facilitator Assistant”. This usually caused us problems, because people wanted to talk to the President.
- Scott: Given Rex’s advice, and feedback I have received from some of the staff, I think it would be best to use titles like “President” externally and “Facilitator” internally.
Social Media Volunteer
- Michele: A volunteer has offered to help us keep our social media sites up to date. Are there any objections to her assisting with this, and being given the login credentials?
|Board||Consensus: Allow volunteer to work on social media under staff supervision.||Now|
Vantage Point Membership
- Volker: We haven’t used it. I think we should cancel it.
- Diane: I have concerns about the value of the services to Free Geek.
Proposed Date for Next Meeting
- Will be decided after October 1