Directors Meeting - 2016-12-15
- 1 Minutes of the Free Geek Vancouver Director’s meeting held on Thursday December 15th, 2016, 6:30pm at the Free Geek Vancouver Facility
- 1.1 Call To Order
- 1.2 Previous Minutes
- 1.3 Matters Arising from Previous Minutes
- 1.4 Financial Report
- 1.5 New Matters
- 1.6 Move to Adjourn
Minutes of the Free Geek Vancouver Director’s meeting held on Thursday December 15th, 2016, 6:30pm at the Free Geek Vancouver Facility
Call To Order
Meeting commenced at 6:45, Jonathan facilitating and taking minutes
Nigel Cornwell (Pres) Rex Brocki (VP) Cindy Liu (Treas) George Rosenberg (Marketing) Jonathan Marks (Sec)
Cori Peterson (Volunteers)
Minutes of previous meeting November 17th, 2016 were adopted unanimously without changes
Matters Arising from Previous Minutes
Marketing Strategy Progess
- Working off "Directory of Business Associations" list with a 3 step approach:
- Find the appropriate contact
- Describe FGV to the contact
- Arrange face <-> face meeting
- Likely first prospects are: BC Business Council, CPA-BC, REBGV
- Concerned about data erasure and where the computers are going.
- Recognize that FGV cannot go after companies with 100's of computers because we do not have the space/resources to set up a receiving quarantine area in which data can be received.
- Can work with smaller clients using the "Kill Disk" memory stick.
- Can organize a web donors' wall with reciprocated back links with the donor's site
Meeting with Mills Basics
George to put a proposal together and meet with Mills. They would like to act as an agent for us, and we would like $3K credit per year and an ongoing discount
Anthenaise is proposing we hire someone to assist with out social media exposure. Nigel to introduce Rebecca Kington to George to do our social media.
SAP Social Engagement
We were advised that we were not selected. We should get back to them asking for an assessment of our organization and what the adjudicators said. We should still indicate we are interested in their old computer equipment.
E-Waste promotion on Buses
Rex is still trying to get hold of the appropriate person in Translink. Cindy to include a budget item for this cost in next year's budget.
HR Contract clean up
Kelly has produced a generic contract and is working with Karen on its use. Expect it to be implemented in early January. Should be used for Lucas, Brian, and Anthenaise.
Jonathan to investigate what the staff review policy is in the new year.
Waiting for them to get back to us, if they require our services. Close this item.
Zero Waste Council
Nigel reviewed the benefits of joining this organization as well as each others' obligations and requirements. Rex proposed a motion to join, seconded by George, passed unanimously. Nigel to start the joining process.
Laptop Art Project
7 laptops have been set aside. It was decided to give the artists a free hand in their design, but they must come up with a description of the hypothetical person the for which the art was designed.
The numbers for October together with projections to year end were reviewed. Nigel and Cindy to reserve some time at the Staff / Director meeting in early January to make a financial presentation.
January meeting rescheduled to Thurs 26th, 6:30pm @ FGV's facility.
Nigel provided an update of the organization in Oslo Norway wanting to operate under the Free Geek banner. Nigel will keep the board abreast of updates.
Move to Adjourn
The meeting adjourned at 8:50pm, next meeting is on Thurs, January 26th, 6:30pm at FGV's facility.