Directors Meeting - 2015-09-01
- Rex B
- Nigel C
- Michael D
- Caelin M
- Chenessa M
- Nigel C
- Michael D
- Director’s Handbook
- Director Roles/Individual Plans
- Financial Reports
- In Camera Discussion
- Nigel: Handbook is simply a guideline; only a few of these documents are policy.
- Michael: Adjusted the handbook recently to account for our changes in consensus policy.
- For new board members, recommends meeting with staff and finding out how you can help.
- The staff are FG’s executors; directors act as leaders.
- Michael: Serious commitment: expect to be working at FG at least once a week.
- Should be treated like a parttime job.
- Our FB posts are handled by a third party at the moment.
Director Roles/Individual Plans
- Nigel: We need to set out our wants vs. needs/duties as directors.
- Caelin: I want to increase awareness of FG, contemplating various methods: posters, bus shelter ads, newsletters; need to be in locations appropriate for our demographic.
- I like the idea of posters and ads: they’re obvious, they draw attention.
- I also like the possibility of more event/conference participation
- Nigel: recently, a business kit company has approached us, it should help with PR
- Chenessa: I want to spend more time with staff (especially Karen) to work on HR documentation, with a focus on standardising the documents, and streamlining the whole process.
- Rex: I want to back up Nigel's duties whenever possible; work on getting FG open 7 days a week; charitable status, especially vis a vis donation tax receipts; backup staff; be on call for staff.
- Nigel: I want to get a charitable status, which involves deciding on which mandates we will implement as the foundations for the charitable society; resolve outstanding legal issues.
- Michael/Chenessa/Rex: Reporting on our education aspect could be tricky, requires some solid wording and delineation.
- Chenessa: I have experience with the mechanisms of a reporting society from my work.
- Michael: I want to see FG Society flourish and return to its proper function; work on bylaws; volunteer certificate program; make FG more appealing to women
|Chenessa||Commit: Work with Karen on employee documentation.||ASAP|
|Nigel||Commit: Resolve the issue with our credit card service provider.||ASAP|
|Michael||Commit: File Society Form 11 (yearly society renewal).||Before end of month|
- Retail is up 8k; wholesale is down, but only because it was previously cutting into retail.
- A marketing research company wants to generate customer feedback for us, analyse competition, and provide marketing data.
- Slight issue with our credit card service provider, might need to transition to new one.
- Competition is becoming tricky, given our unique position in the market.
In Camera Discussion
Proposed Date for Next Meeting
- Tuesday, October 6th, 2015