2019 AGM Agenda
- Directors Report
- Staff Report
- Open Discussion
Policies and Procedures
Definition of Consensus
We will use our most recent definition of consensus, as of July 28, 2015.
Consensus describes the process of making decisions collaboratively. A consensus-oriented process is one in which people work together to reach as much agreement as possible. To practice consensus decision-making, Free Geek members shall adopt the principles of inclusiveness, open-mindedness, collaboration, cooperation and mutual respect. This process will include an open discussion to identify emerging ideas, issues and concerns, consider competing ideas and encourage counter proposals. The facilitator's role is to involve all members present without limiting participation of other members, at the facilitator's discretion.
At the facilitator's discretion, once all who wish to speak have done so,the facilitator will either summarise a proposal or ask a proponent of a proposal to do so. A vote will then be taken. While unanimity is the goal, consensus is defined as a super majority of 75%, rounded down. If a proposal does not reach consensus within one hour, the proposer has the option of withdrawing it or submitting to a simple majority vote to defer to the next general meeting.
Code of Conduct
This applies to all attendees, including staff and directors. Breaking any of the following will result in a warning by the facilitators, followed by an ejection if the rules are broken again.
- No personal attacks
- No libel, slander, or threats
- No foul language or swearing, including language that is exclusionary
- Remain civil even if the conversation becomes heated
- We should not share private or confidential information
- The AGM topics are related to the election of the new board as well as reports on our operations; we must remain on topic and within the time limits. Speakers asking or answering questions have a maximum speaking time of 2 minutes, or at the timekeeper's discretion.
- The venue will open at 6:30. The meeting will start promptly at 7 PM. Unfortunately, completed agenda items cannot be reopened at the AGM for the benefit of latecomers.