2018 AGM Agenda
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction - 7:00pm
- 1.2 Reports - 7:10pm
- 1.3 Director Selection - 7:40pm
- 1.4 Closing Remarks - 9:00pm
- 2 Policies and Procedures
Introduction - 7:00pm
Introduction of Attendees
Explanation of Procedures
Reports - 7:10pm
- Other Reports
Question Period - 7:30pm
Director Selection - 7:40pm
Candidate Q&A - 8:00pm
Voting - 8:30pm
Closing Remarks - 9:00pm
- Vacate the premises by 9:30pm
Policies and Procedures
Voting will be conducted by secret ballot. All members who are in good standing are eligible to cast a vote for or against each nominee. Proxy voting is not allowed. Electronic voting will not be allowed for the 2018 AGM: all votes must be conducted in person.
Code of Conduct
This applies to all attendees, including staff and directors. Breaking any of the following will result in a warning by the facilitators, followed by an ejection if the rules are broken again.
- No personal attacks.
- No libel, slander, or threats.
- No foul language, swearing, or use of hateful or exclusionary language.
- Remain civil even if the conversation becomes heated.
- Do not share private or confidential information.
- The AGM topics are related to the election of the new board as well as reports on our operations; we must remain on topic and within the time limits. Speakers asking or answering questions have a maximum speaking time of 2 minutes, or at the timekeeper's discretion.
- The venue will open at 6:30. The meeting will start promptly at 7 PM. Unfortunately, completed agenda items cannot be reopened at the AGM for the benefit of latecomers.
The meeting will be conducted using Robert's Rules of Order.