Thrift Store Policy
Abusive language or behavior will get you banned from the store.
Volunteers with 12 or more volunteer hours in the last 90 days are eligible for a 40% discount in the Thrift Store on most items. Exceptions:
- Laptops are discounted by 20%
- High-end desktops (Core i3, i5, i7, and AMD 6-core+) are discounted by 20%
- Phones and tablets are discounted by 20%
No Refunds - No Exceptions.
- All items can be returned within 14 days for exchange or store credit. You must bring the receipt.
- Returned items that are not defective are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- Any scrap items are sold as-is and cannot be returned.
- All our items are tested with either Ubuntu Linux 12.04, Mac OSX Snow Leopard, or Mac OSX Yosemite. They are not guaranteed to work with any other operating system. We can help in determining what you need, but it is your responsibility to find out what you have and if it will work.
Policy for Specific Items
All desktops and laptops we sell come with a limited 90-day warranty. If your computer's hardware is faulty, we will diagnose it to verify the problem. Once the error can be demonstrated, we will repair or replace any faulty hardware. If the issue cannot be fixed, you may exchange it for an item of similar value, or receive store credit.
Limited warranty terms:
We are unable to replace failed laptop batteries.
We do not cover damage caused by negligence, such as dropping.
Computers must be returned with their original parts. Any hardware replacement will void the warranty.
- Depending on the item, we will hold it for you up to a week. For more popular items, such as laptops, the hold time will be less.
- We never take partial payment/deposits.
- Open Source Help night is on Wednesday 6-9pm, and is the time set aside purely for technical support. This is the best time to receive help with technical issues you might be having.
- We do not offer technical support in the store, either in person or over the phone. Depending on how busy we are that day there may be someone on site to help, but we cannot guarantee this.
- All testing occurs in a Ubuntu environment; we cannot guarantee that our tested items work in other operating systems.