Store Meeting - 2010-09-02

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attendence

  • George L
  • Jordan E
  • Reegan G
  • Jessica M
  • Christine H

Introduction

  • In the past, due to policies, we cannot fully utilize volunteers, due in part of contract and confidential matters.
    • Restrict Volunteer to mere helpers in terms of clean up.
  • However, recently, we have cases where volunteer, not a staff/intern/director, than manned the store:
    • A volunteer manned the store when Jon was sick, pre-restructure.
    • Use of core / support volunteers to man the store post restructuring.
  • All these shown is that, if a person is reliable, it does not matter if they are staff or director or intern.
  • This meeting is to enable all those interested to participate in the store, make it run like a station ala build.
  • Difficulty: Store IS different from other stations
    • Have to deal with public even more than the admin
    • Also require faster response when compare to other stations. One can not "take their time" when working in the store, else the customer would be poorly serviced.
    • Legality issues, mainly to do with contracting and monetary.
    • Policy should reflect these issues.

Agenda

Approval of full disclosure of how store conduct its business for training

  • In the past, even the store coordinator cannot say they will match price with Ebay, NCIX. They cannot say how much the adoption box actually cost. Naturally it makes the store personnel look stupid.
  • Jordan: we should also pick voluinteer based on graduating system, go through all the station, before sending them to the store.
  • Proposal: FG trainer can disclose the full price list, and the methodology, in terms of training. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: FG-store can disclose the price matching scheme to public. CONCENSUS

Role of Store Coordinator

We have suggestions that we do not need coordinator. Instead a bunch of volutneers check each other's figure.

  • Jordan: Use a workgroup: One staff, one director, one volunteer.
    • Ensure some "hierarchy" exist, make sure the store operate with consistency
  • Question 1: Do we need a store coordinator (regardless of paid or not)?
    • Ans: may or may not need
  • COMMIT: Jordan will put on a store taskforce. He will define it. CONCENSUS

Providing focus for volunteers

  • For the last two days, we basically have "party" in the store.
    • When one or two in: will help out. customer tend to.
    • Any time with 3+ volunteers (not necessarily assigned to store, just may be coming down for purchase) will end up having them chatting/browsing web. Customers is not attend to (when Cave clean up is in progress) and phones are not answered.
  • They have no excuse of not knowing what to do due to store orientation.
  • Jessica: scheduling may solve it.
  • Jordan: People do not expect red carpet
  • George: Some do; by sacrificing quality, you may turn off customers and potential customers
  • Discuss customer service on the store taskforce

Purchase priority

  • Current procedure: first come, first serve, on whatever we have in the store
  • Current situation: Volunteers shop in the warehouse and got really good items (in terms of FG)
  • Quite a few volunteer believe that volunteers should get first choice of items (implies to be good/high-end/rare), even if they are not in the store yet. Note that the high-end items may not be truly high-end when comapre to new, just when compare to what we receive.
    • For: They do help us for free. The items in question is not truly high-end in that something better new may be same price if not cheaper.
    • Against: Items is still rare; it become unfair to non-volunteering customers. Also, not all volunteers can come in everyday (and man the receiving, for example)
  • If volunter is buying for wholesale: look into it.
  • Take discount issue into General?
  • May also lower the price in the future.
  • Find the actual pricing before sending to General.
  • Given to taskforce for pricing discussion
  • Ali: Use a sliding scale of discount?
  • Proposal: Full time staff will voluntary determine the discount apply to their purchase, between a minimum of 20% discount and upward to 40% discount. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: Continue First come first serve. Volunteer can shop from warehous. However, if excessive should use "conflict resolution" to stop it.
  • (Editor note: we also have "fishing license" for hunting specific item in the store. Apparently in place but I am unaware of it myself. Basically, when hunting for specific unusual item that is not/not normally in the store, you need a "fishing license")

Store/Cave clean-up

  • It need a good clean up. Period.
  • Also need to find out what is actually back there, whether it's on hold, etc.
  • Been rearranging stuff to maximum space utilization. Keyboard's sale proven rearrangement helps push sales.
  • Commit: Jessica Empty the cave on Sept 3, with Jordan and George helping. CONCENSUS

Wiping of cellphones/mp3 players/other stuff

  • There are plenty of iPods, PDAs, smartphone etc at the back. Uncertain if data destruction was conducted.
  • One of the driector was responsible, but AFAIK, he had not showed up much to do so.
  • Proposal: Keep those that are sweet, recycle the rest. Hold until next week.
    • Proposal: Set up a station into Cave to do this. Will require keeping cables, such as USB-iPod cable. wait on a bit till we have the taskforce. Wait till Cave is clean.
  • Christine will email info on wipiong data on cellphone recycling to Ali.

Refund issues

  • FG-store is not suppose to do refunds, period.
  • Due to various reasons, we have increase in request in refunds.
    • Preventive measures are in place, but still exist.
  • Not recommended to do refund, since it literally cost FG. Exchange/Credit is still $0 if calculated properly, but refund is always a loss in reserves.
  • Jordan: someone will always request refunds, anywhere.
  • The question in issue is more of "how to deal with it"
  • Proposal: Place "No refunds" on the receipt. CONCENSUS.
  • Proposal: Some kind of feedback channel for the store. Send to director or the staff; maybe a seperate mailing list for it.
  • Proposal: If volunteer feel threatened and etc. Send them to Staff or Director. CONCENSUS

Commits and Proposal summary

  • Proposal: FG trainer can disclose the full price list, and the methodology, in terms of training. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: FG-store can disclose the price matching scheme to public. CONCENSUS
  • COMMIT: Jordan will put on a store taskforce. He will define it. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: Full time staff will voluntary determine the discount apply to their purchase, between a minimum of 20% discount and upward to 40% discount. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: Continue First come first serve. Volunteer can shop from warehouse. However, if excessive of shopping, should use "conflict resolution" to minimize it.
  • (Editor note: we also have "fishing license" for hunting specific item in the store. Apparently in place but I am unaware of it myself. Basically, when hunting for specific unusual item that is not/not normally in the store, you need a "fishing license")
  • Commit: Jessica Empty the cave on Sept 3, with Jordan and George helping. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: Keep cellphones/PDA that are sweet, recycle the rest. Hold until next week.
    • Proposal: Set up a station into Cave to do this. Will require keeping cables, such as USB-iPod cable. Wait on a bit till we have the taskforce. Wait till Cave is clean.
  • COMMIT: Christine will email info on wipiong data on cellphone recycling to Ali.
  • Proposal: Place "No refunds" on the receipt. CONCENSUS.
  • Proposal: Some kind of feedback channel for the store. Send to director or the staff; maybe a seperate mailing list for it. CONCENSUS
  • Proposal: If volunteer feel threatened and etc. Send them to Staff or Director. CONCENSUS
  • Possible (?): Discuss volunteer discount on General.

Next Meeting

  • Have the next one when we need one.
  • Handed over to Taskforce.
Personal tools