Staff Meeting - 2010-11-05
Attendance: Luke (facilitator), Luke (scribe), Jessica, Reegan, Tyler, Mike, Chris, Luke, Alishams
Proposed Staff Handbook
Luke goes over it point by point. Everyone understands and approves, with the following issues:
- Cap time off at 15 days / 5 days, rather disallowing than yearly rollover. This way, it is possible to take a week off in January, for example.
- Vacation, personal days should have a 3-month waiting period, just like benefits.
- Employees and directors should just sign in / out on the volunteer sheets
CONSENSUS: The new policies and procedures are good, and should be taken to general for final approval.
COMMIT: Luke will make the changes, and send out the proposal to General.
As of now, employees are working the following days of the week:
- Jessica 5
- Reegan 5
- Mike 5
- Tyler 3 (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Jessica: Outreach, Volunteer Coordination
- Mike: Receiving, Store opening, Supplies, General repairs, Health & Safety, Pickups
- Reegan: Warehouse, Recycling (Store open/close backup)
- Tyler: Sysadmin, Laptops, Solving problems of high geekery
- Ali: Windowless Wednesdays, Some tours, Store occasionally
- Chris: Benefits, HR/Payroll, Meeting minder
- Luke: Finance, Odd-ball sales, Website & marketing materials, Bylaws
- Jordan: BAN/Recycling policies, Building relationships with other orgs
- Jax: BAN/Recycling policies, store consulting