Staff Meeting - 2010-06-04

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Staff Meeting minutes for Friday, June 4th, 2010 at 12:00pm
Previous: Staff Meeting - 2010-05-14 | Next: Staff Meeting - 2010-06-11


Attendance: Mike, Jessica, Geoff, Jamie, Jon, Mariam


Contents

Previous Commits

  • Mike and Geoff reports for AGM- fail
  • Mike to buy vaccume- 5 week rolling due last wed.
  • Geoff and Muri to get 1st aid certs- DONE
  • Disaster plan to still be reviewed by staff- ADOPTED
  • Jons sofware policy is going to general- next week is general
  • Jon comits to writing a disciplinary policy for staff handbook: ongoing not on wiki
  • Muri becoming a signitory for FG: 2 week rolling.
  • Mike commits to making a flowchart for macs: 6 weeks rolling.
  • Jamie commits to looking into finding solutions to harmonize the work enviroment: 4 weeks in progress.
  • Cave Clean-up: Jon w/ Intern – due next week
  • Tyler Part-Time – done
  • Discipline Policy – Ken committed to create it – Jessica & Jon will commit instead – due next Friday
  • 3 x Reviews – postpone to next week
  • Buy Emergency Supplies – Mike commits – due Wednesday NOT DONE
  • Mike's repayment plan send to staff list–not done
  • Warning & end of employment letter to Jax drafted (one letter) – DONE

Reports

  • Jamie: April – May. Units Recieved down by 25.4%
   Weight received down by 27.4%. Average weight received over 12 months is at 26 Tonnes (3rd highest out of 12 months). Average units received over 12 months
   down by 600 units. Wiki Recycling figures for 2009 have been put on.
   2009 donations increased by 130.5% from 2008. Price of copper has dropped by 43.75%
   to 80c per/lb on chopped wires. Will still net 1k per shipment. M/boards, will ship, most likely in two weeks. Doing the usual duties. Looking into recycling crushed H/D for 30c a lb. Working on an inventory system.
  • Jessica: Super demoralized by decision making process at AGM. Have had very few systems for volunteers to work on. Been producing propaganda all week. Love the interns. Would like some time off the floor while the less busy months are coming to work on policy and grants.
  • Jon: May sales were low, Geoffs back so systems are increasing.
  • Geoff: Kim did a great job when left while I was away. Build fodder is exhausted, sure it will pick up again soon. Did stats on eval passes for may. Approx 220 machines passed in May last month.
  • Mariam: Starting to work with payroll, benefits and invoices etc. Still working on grants, lots of leads.
  • Mike: Worked in warehouse last week, covering Jamie. Been having issues with WW with people bringing in Windows machines. Working on improving receiving.

Agenda

  1. Jessica wants Saturday 12th June off to use her TOIL, APPROVED.
  2. Incoming-
  • Jessica- Our incoming gear has been down. We need to do more outreach; events and propaganda.
  • Cheryl went out yesterday and fliered the city. Interns are looking at events to attend.
  • Video that needs to be put on youtube COMMITS Mariam.
  • Radio advert needs to be sent to radio stations COMMITS Mariam.


  1. AGM-
  • Jessica- Are we going to respond to the general list apologizing to volunteers and explaining our dismay? Jessica COMMITS to sending a letter to General explaining how the staff feel.
  1. Museum Pieces-
  • Jon- Brian from the Hackery said there are still museum peices at the Hackery and they want to buy them. Mike COMMITS to calling the Hackery and getting the money off them.
  1. Laptops-
  • Jon- Proposes that any laptop leaving the facility for sale has its harddrive removed. APPROVED. This will be taken to General for approval. Geoff COMMITS to increasing the laptop build space by double.
  1. Cell Phones-
  • Jon- Jax brought a cell phone from Jon in the store and mentioned at the AGM that had personal info on it. He found that out after he took it home. Jon suggested at the AGM that he would stop selling cell phones and recycle them all.
  1. xxx Apology-
  • Geoff COMMITS to writing a response to xxx's response to the warning letter. Explaining that he has been told multiple times about various breaches of H&S and have continously actively ignored them, often in the same day.
  1. H&S Warehouse-
  • Jamie has noticed volunteers walking through the warehouse, this must stop. Jessica COMMITS to making signs preventing people walking through easily.

Commits

  • Mike and Geoff reports for AGM- fail
  • Mike to buy vaccume- 5 week rolling due last wed.
  • Jons sofware policy is going to general- next week is general
  • Jon comits to writing a disciplinary policy for staff handbook: ongoing not on wiki
  • Muri becoming a signitory for FG: 2 week rolling.
  • Mike commits to making a flowchart for macs: 6 weeks rolling.
  • Jamie commits to looking into finding solutions to harmonize the work enviroment: 4 weeks in progress.
  • Cave Clean-up: Jon w/ Intern – due next week
  • 3 x Reviews – postpone to next week
  • Buy Emergency Supplies – Mike commits – due Wednesday NOT DONE
  • Mike's repayment plan send to staff list–not done
  • Mariam COMMITS to disperse all adoption machines from the last 3 years in the database.
  • Mike COMMITS to calling to Hackery and getting the money off them.
  • Geoff COMMITS to increasing the laptop build space by double.
  • Video that needs to be put on youtube COMMITS Mariam.
  • Radio advert needs to be sent to radio stations COMMITS Mariam.
  • Geoff COMMITS to writing a response to Jax's response to the warning letter.
  • Jessica COMMITS to making signs preventing people walking through the warehouse easily.
Personal tools