Staff Meeting - 2010-05-14

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Staff Meeting minutes for Thursday, May 14th, 2010 at 12:00pm
Previous: Staff Meeting - 2009-07-31 | Next: Staff Meeting - 2010-06-04


Attendance: Jessica (scribe), Jamie (facilitator), Tyler, Jessica, Ken, Mike, Kim, Jamie, Mariam, Jon


Contents

REPORTS

  • Mike: WW had 8 people, Kim helped most of them. Everything went well. Last week had 20 people at WW.
  • Mariam: Been trying to get cover upstairs and move down into the cave, leanrt Hardware grants, adoption class and other tings.
  • Ken:Policies have been being worked on, missing risk assessments for store and macs. Learning from Jamie about his new posisiton as operations coordinator. Looking to improve electrics in the warehouse. Wants to clear the cave in the next week.
  • Tyler:Four laptops down to the store, been working on the database and the servers. By tuedsay there should be nothing left in the downstairs bathroom, server wise! Only in tuesday wednesday and sturday next week (maybe friday too)
  • Kim: learning curve on coordinating build, finding out what the store needs. Working on time management.
  • Jamie: Working on training Ken, QC ing has been generally working, Hard drive crushing is being put on a pallet to reduce risk and noise.
  • Jon: Sales were down in April, donations were $900 +, wholesaling has increased nicely, theres been lots of volunteers wanting to volunteer down there.

Previous Commits

  • Jon commits to internship follow up. Jessica has posted both positions.
  • Ken commits to buying a vaccum. NOT DONE
  • Geoff and Mariam commit to doing first aid course. NOT DONE
  • Staff do reports for AGM by 23rd. ON GOING
  • Jon will introduce new newsletter. ON GOING
  • Tyler commits to going back to part time. DONE
  • Disaster Plan to be reviewed by all. ON GOING
  • Policies to be reviewed for acceptance.DONE
  • Ken commits to changing policy heading. ONGOING
  • Jon has looked at software policy. general are looking at it further. ONGOING
  • Minutes were never posted- ONGOING

New Agenda Items

  • XXX- Jessica proposes that we ban him for another year until reassessing his status here. Consensus. Jessica COMMITS to telling him this over email.
  • The Cave- What is the long term solution to keep the cave and the store a tidy functional space. All staff agreed that nothing gets taken down to the store unless it is specifically asked for, this includes printers. CONSENSUS . Jessica COMMITS to make a place for these things that are tested but not to go to the store, like printers.Jon COMMITS to sending things he doesn't want back upto recieving with a volunteer. Ken COMMITS to clearing the cave.
  • Mike/MACs- Jessica feels that Mike is not covering recieving and Macs to her satisfaction. Mike would like a job description. Ken COMMITS to writing up a job description with Jessica.
  • Hoarding- Jessica and Jon would like to see an end to the hoarding in the warehouse, cave, mezz and store. If it is not labelled with your name and date when you put it anywhere. Ken COMMITS to including hoarding policy in staff handbook.
  • Meeting Minutes- Jessica is concerned that minutes aren't being done. This point is included in accountability and Communications.
  • Accountability and Communications- Jamie wants to take a step back and look at accountability. Rather then finger pointing and not progessing, i'd like to suggest we remember:

Accountability: Concentrate and prioritize on what you was initially employed to do. Any duties one may have taken on as an extension to their core duties, should only be done if you can efficiently do what you was initially employed to do. Taking on extra responsibilities is a wonderful gesture, but, it is harmful if it is effecting ones ability to efficiently do ones job, that you was initially employed to do. Expecting others to accommodate anothers core job duties, without consent and prior communication is an act of de- empowerment. Forcing more duties on an individual without written (signature of agreement) consent, is technically a forced resignation. Communication: Lets be transparent with each other and communicate more effectively. Being expected to drop everything for a situation that could and should be communicated prior, will enable us to accommodate and avoid frustration, caused by having to re-schedule ones working day at the drop of a hat. If you can not do something, communicate why. Expecting others to accommodate your work, due to a lack of communication or a lack of communication of your movements, is simply unacceptable.

Ken will COMMIT to write a policy for staff discipline, accountability. Jessica commits to cutting down the review process and send out reviews for the next reviewees, which is Jamie. Jamie will look into a harmonized solution for this. Mariam will send out the review forms for Tyler and Jessica.
  • Adding a signatory- Mariam would like to be a signatory on the the FG account. Consensus.
  • Cover for the store on Saturdays- Jon requests cover in the store on saturdays. Consensus for Jon to have cover for the next two weeks on saturdays.
  • The General List flare- a proposal to not respond on the general list to negativity unless we have a harmonized response. Consensus.XX should be warned about his conduct on the mailing list COMMIT Ken and send X warm fuzzied.Jamie doesnt want to deal with this anymore. He wants to see priorities put inplace ie H/S over word definitions.

Commits

  • Jessica COMMITS to telling XXX he is banned for another year over email.
  • Jessica COMMITS to make a place for these things that are tested but not to go to the store, like printers.
  • Jessica commits to cutting down the review process and send out reviews for the next reviewees, which is Jamie.
  • Jon COMMITS to sending things he doesn't want back upto recieving with a volunteer.
  • Ken COMMITS to clearing the cave.
  • Ken COMMITS to writing up a job description for Mike with Jessica.
  • Ken will COMMIT to write a policy for staff discipline, accountability.
  • Jamie will look into a harmonized solution for this.
  • Mariam will send out the review forms for Tyler and Jessica.
  • Mike commits to making a flow chart for initial MAC sort.
Personal tools