Staff Meeting - 2009-07-10
Attendance: Patrick, Mike, Stephen, Jamie, Jane, Ifny, Jessica, Jessica (scribe)
Pre-meeting staff rounds
- Craigslist – CRT blow-out - $5 each => Patrick
- Media: CBC Radio. Tidy-up and prepare 2 x systems [1 fail + 1 pass] July 28th => Ifny & all
- Scheduling on Fridays – important to have volunteers all day; later start for vols is important (Jane, Jessica, Ifny)
- Stephen will dispose of the light bulbs in the kitchen
Matters arising from last meeting minutes
Time off requests
- Jane proposes time off requests at start of Friday meetings; HR will approve
- Ifny proposes requests happen on a FG mailing list (staff list)
- Conclusion: Requests on staff mailing list; HR decision; then staff calendar
gets updated on approval.
Congestion in warehouse -> extra storage
- Jamie: Storage is an issue that should be solved before new warehouse is discussed
- Feels shelving is underutilized and would like to see movement in warehouse
- Ifny agrees, wants to cleanse all the grey material (I.e. not sellable); savvy volunteers can help
- Need to craigslist the excess.
- Conclusion: Inventory needs to be done; then we can work out what we have a
surplus of, then sell off excess and scrap miscellaneous. Therefore creating space for receiving. Volunteers can help condense what's already there.
New warehouse plans
- Mike asked if we need a moving committee as we are expanding; money is limiting moving currently. Focus would be put on improving current warehouse.
Leasing trucks – cost
- Info is delayed on truck leasing for two weeks.
General safety issues
- Jamie expressed concerns about the loading bay; it was decided to improve danger signage and only use staff for safety positions.
- Black bag = Hazardous e-waste.
HR report for review / exit interview
- Mike's review – completed, follow up review July 24th
- Exit interview: HR conducted interview with Esam.
- new staff need better orientation; use buddy system;
- Alec Smecher will be on Stephen's review panel and added to HR workgroup.
Bus pass proposal
- Not discussed at this time.
- Reiteration: ALL CDs and DVDs must be recycled (data destruction policy and software policy). This includes music cds. Staff must ensure that volunteers comply with these policies.
Next meeting date
- July 17th.