Operations Meeting - 2010-08-17

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Attendance

  • Reegan
  • Jessica
  • Ali
  • Shayne
  • George L
  • Tyler
  • Devenne
  • Kim
  • George W,
  • Luke
  • Russell
  • Sean O
  • Mike M
  • Chris H
  • Connie.
  • Facilitator: Luke
  • Scribe: Jessica

Reports

  • Staff: Interns are leaving in two weeks.
  • Recycling: Warehouse is very busy.
  • Store: Training of store volunteers is increasing and wiki has been updated. Trying to create a more volunteer run store. Communication to restock the store from the warehouse is still not great. Sales have been low this week. Connie COMMITS to creating a checklist to restock the store.
  • Build: The wiki has been updated, as has flow chart and booklets have been

printed for building and QCing. New builders are coming up regularly. Communication is still needing improvement. Laptops are getting back on track.

  • Financial: We are stable currently.

Agenda

Staff/Director Purchase Policy

  • PROPOSAL: Staff and Directors post on the wiki when they purchase and for how much.
  • Chris H disagrees with this policy. He believes it is a violation of peoples rights. He would prefer working on the discount policy instead of the original proposal.
  • Jessica: modify PROPOSAL: Items taken from the warehouse that have not been in the store for a full day have no discount as they are premium items. CONCENSUS. Further Discussion taken to the list.

Opening on Mondays as a trial

  • PROPOSAL: to open on Mondays from 11-6pm for four weeks as a trial. Jessica is willing to work these days for free. Discussion taken to the list.

Extending opening hours

  • Jessica: Why not look at opening earlier in the day, maybe 10am. Discussion taken to the list.
  • Shayne: Why not open later? Perhaps 11-8pm. Discussion taken to the list.
  • Jax: Proposal to keep store open on WW, every wed. CONSENSUS.

Store coverage/procedure

  • Proposal to reinstate store meetings on the first Thursday of each month and to use the store list more. CONSENSUS.

Corporate pickups

  • Luke: There are two corporate pickups. Discussion taken to the list.

Replacing containers

  • Shayne: Warehouse is messy. Storage is over flowing.
  • Jessica: the warehouse have never been as organized as well as now.
  • COMMIT: Connie to look into getting free storage boxes.
  • COMMIT Connie will change our wish list on the website.
  • COMMIT Shayne will create a wishlist of what containers we have for what and what needs replacing. He feels that things are being damaged due to bad storage.

Cleaning store items.

  • Shayne: We might be missing some sales from unclean gear. Things that look cleaner sell better.
  • Jax: We don't want to use harsh chemicals.
  • Jessica: COMMITS to adding cleaning computer equipment as part of the wiki training on “general tidy”, “Build”, “Store”, “Receiving” etc. She will also make biodegradable, eco friendly cleaners availible at these stations.

Selling fans

  • Shayne: PROPOSAL to sell case fans. Shayne COMMITS to getting them ready for sale.

Commit, Proposals, and Concensus Summary

  • Proposal: Items taken from the warehouse that have not been in the store for a full day have no discount as they are premium items. CONCENSUS.
  • Proposal: Keep store open on WW, every wed. CONSENSUS.
  • Proposal: Reinstate store meetings on the first Thursday of each month and to use the store list more. CONSENSUS.
  • COMMIT: Connie to creating a checklist to restock the store.
  • COMMIT: Connie to look into getting free storage boxes.
  • COMMIT Connie will change our wish list on the website.
  • COMMIT Shayne will create a wishlist of what containers we have for what and what needs replacing. He feels that things are being damaged due to bad storage.
  • COMMITS to adding cleaning computer equipment as part of the wiki training on “general tidy”, “Build”, “Store”, “Receiving” etc. She will also make biodegradable, eco friendly cleaners availible at these stations.
  • PROPOSAL to sell case fans.
  • COMMITS Shane to getting the fans ready for sale.

Next Meeting

  • TUESDAY 31st AUG 2010
Personal tools