Operations Meeting - 2009-05-15
Production (Operations) Meeting Minutes – 2009-05-15
- Next Meeting: *???*
- Where: Free Geek, 1820 Pandora St. (back door)
- (Not captured. Request for Ifny's assistance to fill in.)*
Ifny, Jamie, Rudy, Megan, Mike, Patrick, Chris, Stephen
Pick-ups and Deliveries
- Some pickups are wasting fuel. Van sometimes spends time idling, and increased weight in van while traveling.
- Suggestion for more rental space, such as sea container. Concerns about easy of access.
- Suggested improvements: hotline, e-mail form, streamline channel, efficiency, centralize, meeting/communication, re-educate customer (to current requirements?), scheduling
- Suggested making new collection form. Requires compliance, especially from large clients.
- Scheduling of expected deliveries.
- Safety – limited access areas.
- More space or more efficient use of current space. Later preferred.
- Time of motion – track items through warehouse, form incoming to outgoing.
- Analyzing worth of labour time spent processing incoming materials.
- Assisting Warehouse Coordinator: propose, move a table, daily distractions (decrease?), volunteer resource distribution, outstanding needs (to be addressed?),
- Production Coordination.
- Volunteer training.
- Implementing support volunteer program.
- Incoming intern assignments.
- Wandering volunteers in warehouse area (safety).
- Idle volunteers.
- Proposed later time, 2-3:30pm, same day (Tuesday?).
- Hindrances at depot being experienced at depot. Mike and Jamie to discuss off line suitable alternate locations.
- Human resources
- Training: support volunteers, knowledge base
- Incoming interns. Will be trained, documenting, training other volunteers. One in receiving and one in the store. Will be from collage or university.
- A need cited for sufficiently staff scheduling in receiving.