Monthly Meeting - 2013-08-13
Michael D, Chris H, Brian M, Steve K
Explanation of roles
Facilitator: Steve K.
Scribe: Michael D
Consensus briefer: Waived, all were familiar.
- 1/3rd of deficit so far.
Build / Production
- Beginning to put 2 HDs in machines due to large surplus of HDs.
- Slowly we're receiving more and more (2-3 every quarter) i3/i5/i7 machines.
H & S
- More fans and better cooling for the warehouse this summer.
- Yellow tape re-added to mezz stairs.
- Steady incoming.
- Recent server downtime, caused by machine and staff error. Fixed for the moment, documentation/knowledge is being updated so the staff can better handle server downtime when Tyler isn't available.
- Volunteering is slowing down for August (lots of no-shows), as is incoming. It's becoming a tricky balance to make sure we have just enough volunteer hours per day to keep up with the incoming but also not overbook.
- Slow. Most organisations want or think they need laptops.
- Michael went and talked on behalf of Free Geek to clients of a nonprofit immigrant work-training society. There were some high-skilled workers who were impressed with us and were interested in volunteering for Free Geek.
Events / Media
- Michael, Adrian, and Gursim have begun filming training videos to be put up on Youtube. Expected to be finished by end of September.
- Branded USB sticks have come in; trial run. Working on distro to copy to all of them.
Staff / HR
Directors / Governance
- AGM still on schedule, we have more members due to application forms.
Motion to pass the minutes from the previous meeting
Cancel Next Monthly Meeting Because 2 Days Before Sept 12 AGM?
- Last-minute suggestion, no other new business this month.
- Chris H: AGM Business is not monthly meeting business. Good to keep up consistency. Might be business to actually discuss.
- Steve K: Good to have the monthly meeting as is.
- Brian M: Blocked.
Where: Free Geek Vancouver, 1820 Pandora St., back door
Facilitator: Steve K
Scribe: Michael D