Monthly Meeting - 2012-05-08

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Public meeting minutes for Tuesday, May 8th 2012 at 6:30pm
Location: 1820 Pandora Street
Previous: Monthly Meeting - 2012-04-10 | Next: Monthly Meeting - 2012-06-12


Contents

Introductions

Attendance

Mike F, Christine H, Wayne W, Joan W, Bernie, Chris H (late)

Explanation of roles

Facilitator: Mike F

Scribe: Christine H

Consensus briefing

Consensus briefer: consider done


Reports

Finance

Budget

2012 March net income is $745.
2012 1st quarter net income is $32,388.

We have a very good 1st quarter. Net income is about the same as 1st quarter of last year.
Revenue is 25% above budget and expenses are 19% below budget.

See link for March budget and actual comparison, graph of store sales and 1st quarter report.

Grants

no report

Operations

Build / Production

Geoff and Mike
Desktops:

  • Quantity of desktop donation has gone up
  • We have same incoming and outgoing keeping at maintenance level
  • Fully stocked with dual core machines
  • Transition to 12.04 goes very well
  • Reinstall of 12.4 to old hard drives are catching up


Laptops:

  • Getting better quantity and not quality (dual core) laptops
  • Migration to 12.4 goes well on higher end machines
  • One issue is to determine cut off base line for 12.04, perhaps it will be a fast P4

H & S

Status of WorkSafe BC the asbestos safety order:
Scott has obtained one quote for the work and has to get one more. Scott will examine the lease to confirm who is liable for the repair. Scott will present information to landlord and they will determine course of action. Progress must be shown by May 25, this would be that the structural audit was done.

Warehouse

no report

Software

no report

Volunteers

no report

Outgoing

Store

13.1k net of taxes for April 2012

Wholesale

2.4k net of taxes for April 2012

Comment: would be good to have comparison with last year figures.
Agreed by all.

HW Grants

no report

Communications

Education

no report

Events / Media

no report

Intergalactic

no report

Staff / HR

Michael D is hired as interim till July.

Directors / Governance

no report

Old business

Tabled from last meeting: Proposal - Review of recently instituted procedures

http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Monthly_Meeting_-_2012-04-10#Proposal_-_Review_of_recently_instituted_procedures
Joan: Discussion is needed of how staff are able or not able, to comply with direction coming from the membership level.
This may require some refinement of procedures.

Discussion

The intention of Better Communication Journal is to use as a conflict resolution tool for dedicated core volunteers, staff and board members. We have tools that are not being used and policies under development.

For example
Non-Violet Communication
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Category:Non-Violent_Communication

Conflict Resolution policy in development
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Conflict_Resolution

Grievance policy in development
http://wiki.freegeekvancouver.org/article/Grievance_policy

CONSENSUS

Commit: Joan will call out to general mailing list to form work group to develop conflict resolution policy

New business

A volunteer was ban recently and would like to know if he can come back.

Consensus on response to volunteer: Ban is indefinite. We are clarifying the policy and review it. And will contact when review is done.

Discussion: We need to have a ban policy.

Commit: Chris H will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop ban policy.

Commits

  1. Chris H will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop ban policy.
  2. Joan W will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop conflict resolution policy


Next meeting

When: Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm

Where: Free Geek Vancouver, 1820 Pandora St., back door

Roles

Facilitator: Geoff

Scribe: Mike F

Personal tools