Monthly Meeting - 2012-05-08
Mike F, Christine H, Wayne W, Joan W, Bernie, Chris H (late)
Explanation of roles
Facilitator: Mike F
Scribe: Christine H
Consensus briefer: consider done
2012 March net income is $745.
2012 1st quarter net income is $32,388.
We have a very good 1st quarter. Net income is about the same as 1st quarter of last year.
Revenue is 25% above budget and expenses are 19% below budget.
See link for March budget and actual comparison, graph of store sales and 1st quarter report.
Build / Production
Geoff and Mike
- Quantity of desktop donation has gone up
- We have same incoming and outgoing keeping at maintenance level
- Fully stocked with dual core machines
- Transition to 12.04 goes very well
- Reinstall of 12.4 to old hard drives are catching up
- Getting better quantity and not quality (dual core) laptops
- Migration to 12.4 goes well on higher end machines
- One issue is to determine cut off base line for 12.04, perhaps it will be a fast P4
H & S
Status of WorkSafe BC the asbestos safety order:
Scott has obtained one quote for the work and has to get one more. Scott will examine the lease to confirm who is liable for the repair. Scott will present information to landlord and they will determine course of action. Progress must be shown by May 25, this would be that the structural audit was done.
13.1k net of taxes for April 2012
2.4k net of taxes for April 2012
Comment: would be good to have comparison with last year figures.
Agreed by all.
Events / Media
Staff / HR
Michael D is hired as interim till July.
Directors / Governance
Tabled from last meeting: Proposal - Review of recently instituted procedures
Joan: Discussion is needed of how staff are able or not able, to comply with direction coming from the membership level.
This may require some refinement of procedures.
The intention of Better Communication Journal is to use as a conflict resolution tool for dedicated core volunteers, staff and board members. We have tools that are not being used and policies under development.
Conflict Resolution policy in development
Grievance policy in development
Commit: Joan will call out to general mailing list to form work group to develop conflict resolution policy
A volunteer was ban recently and would like to know if he can come back.
Consensus on response to volunteer: Ban is indefinite. We are clarifying the policy and review it. And will contact when review is done.
Discussion: We need to have a ban policy.
Commit: Chris H will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop ban policy.
- Chris H will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop ban policy.
- Joan W will do call out to General mailing list to form work group to develop conflict resolution policy
Where: Free Geek Vancouver, 1820 Pandora St., back door
Scribe: Mike F