Monthly Meeting - 2011-01-11

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Public meeting minutes for Tuesday, January 11th 2011 at 6:30pm
Location: 1820 Pandora Street
Previous: Monthly Meeting - 2010-12-14 | Next: Monthly Meeting - 2011-02-08


Contents

Introductions

Attendance

Devenne D, Alishams, Luke C, Geoff B, Justin D, Chris H, Edmond, Jessica, Bernie, Luiz.


Explanation of roles

Facilitator: Alishams


Scribe: Jessica


Consensus briefing

Consensus briefer: Alishams

Reports

  • Finance- Cash flow was low due to a bunch of different factors. Accounts are good though. Recycling revenue was helpful. Trying to keep to the budget.
  • Grants- Vancouver foundation is being investigated. Lots to do, need help.
  • Build- RAM has been moved. Store always has three machines. Production is being increased. volunteers have done a great job of keeping build going.
  • H+S- Warehouse is very full.
  • Pickups- At a stand still.
  • Recycling- Circuit boards was 22,000 dollars.
  • Software-n/a
  • Sales- Sales have been great the last few weeks, average of over 700 dollars a day, highs of 1200. $5000 in outstanding accounts from wholesale.
  • Wholesales-
  • Volunteers- Movie night in the works, increasing volunteers.
  • WW- Strong incoming volunteers and attendees.
  • Intergalactic- Toronto is doing well. Yay!
  • Staff/Directors- Geoff has been hired fulltime as Production Coordinator. We have made an offer to a volunteer to become the new warehouse coordinator. Mike is also leaving at the end of the week. Both are leaving on good terms.


Old business

BAN Certification

  • Free Geek is currently a "Pledged e-Stewards Recycler". This is being retired on August 31, 2011, and we have the option to take on the certification process to become the a certified e-steward.

http://e-stewards.org/certification-overview/e-stewards-pledge-program/.


  • Multiple people expressed interest in making Free Geek certified.


  • Chris will research the certification and report back next month.


Business Cards

  • Proposal to make business cards availible to any volunteer, staff or director who asks for them at a general meeting. Concensus.


  • Luke commits ot making the design availible.


Automating facilitator announcements

  • Luke proposes that we set up an automated system of announcements for the general meetings. Consensus.


  • Alishams commits to making automated facilitator announcements.


Reports review

  • Proposed changes to reports to be given at general meetings:Finance
- Budget
- Grants

Operations

- Build / Production
- H & S
- Warehouse
- Software
- Volunteers

Outgoing

- Store
- Wholesale
- HW Grants

Communications

- Education
- Events / Media
- Intergalactic

Staff / HR

Directors / Governance


  • Luke commits to updating the wiki in the meeting template.


Commits

  • Luke commits ot making the business card design availible.
  • Chris will research the certification and report back next month.
  • Alishams commits to making automated facilitator announcements.
  • Luke commits to updating the wiki in the meeting template.


Next meeting

When: Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm


Where: Free Geek Vancouver, 1820 Pandora St., back door


Roles

Facilitator: Chris H.


Scribe: Alishams

Personal tools