Directors Meeting - 2016-09-22

From FGVwiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Directors meeting minutes for September 22nd, 2016 at 6:30pm
Previous: Directors Meeting - 2016-08-20 | Next: Directors Meeting - 2016-10-20


Contents

Minutes of the Free Geek Vancouver Director’s meeting held on Thursday September 22nd, 2016, 6:30pm at the Free Geek Vancouver Facility

Present

  • Nigel Cornwall (Pres)
  • Rex Brochi (VP)
  • Cindy Liu (Treas)
  • George Rosenberg (Marketing)
  • Jonathan Marks (Sec)

Apologies

  • Cory Petersen (Volunteers)

Agenda

  1. Call to Order
  2. Previous Minutes
  3. Matters Arising from Previous Minutes
    1. Human Resources
    2. Email
    3. Bylaws
  4. Financial Report
  5. New Matters
    1. Director's Meeting Schedule
    2. Other Matters
  6. Move to Adjourn

Call To Order

Meeting commenced at 6:45pm, Jonathan facilitating and taking minutes

Previous Minutes

Minutes for the Board Meetings of August 20th, 2016 were adopted unanimously without changes.

Matters Arising from Previous Minutes

Human Resources

  1. Nigel met with Kelly Maciniw from BrightGo Solutions and obtained a proprosal from Kelly to carry out HR services for FGV – up to 6 hours a month at $75.00 per hour. An initial task for BrightGo Solutions could be the review of FGV’s employee handbook.
    MOTION: To retain BrightGo Solutions with proposed terms. Hours in excess of six per month subject to board approval. Passed unanimously.
  2. Roxanna reported an issue to a prior director which was relayed to Nigel. Board agreed to monitor the situation and deal with it if it arises again.
  3. Graphic Designer:
    1. We will continue to work with Ashraf
    2. We get 3 weeks Bus Stop advertising free as a non-profit. Nigel to contact Ashraf regarding graphics for this
    3. Business Cards: The new design was approved by the board. All board members except Cindy want 250 cards to start. Nigel to get bus card requirements from staff, get Ashraf to create specific cards and get them printed for $25 per 250.
  4. Performance Management: Rex to follow up on what this about from the previous director who raised it.

Email

Nigel is working with Lucas to have us moved over to Gmail services. Nigel anticipates this taking another week or two.

Bylaw Revisions

  1. Jonathan, as secretary will be inheriting this. Currently Michael is addressing the Bylaw clauses. Nigel to provide Michael a template. Jonathan and Rex to be cc’d on all correspondence in this thread.
  2. Ban Policy Change: Jonathan to discuss an alternative policy with Michael – Three strikes and out, where strikes are treated as opportunities for FGV to support the volunteer’s personal development and improvement.

Financial Report

  1. Board typically receives a monthly report from the accountant (Mahmoud) which is a month behind. For example we are reviewing the July report in September. It contains a net worth statement, details FGV’s reserves and cash flow. It is provided with month to month and prior year’s month comparisons.
  2. The board reviewed the financial position and concluded that organisation is functioning well.
  3. Nigel to introduce Cindy to Mahmoud at the annual lunch that Nigel has with Mahmoud.

New Matters

  1. Board meetings are scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:30pm at FGV’s facility.
  2. Tech conference for local IT organizations.
    MOTION: To approve from the Marketing budget the expenditure of $1,000 on a booth at the conference and another $1,000 for the procurement of marketing collateral (brochures, poster for booth, FGV pins to hand out, etc). Passed unanimously.

Move to Adjourn

Meeting adjourned at 8:25pm. Next meeting on Thursday, October 20th, 2016, 6:30pm at FGV’s facility.

Personal tools