Directors Meeting - 2016-06-19
- Rex B
- Caelin M
- Chenessa M
- Nigel C
- Michael D
- (In camera)
- Financial Reports
- Possible Grant
- Michael: Staff are considering paying for new phone system with Shaw. Not sure what the installation fees are.
- Nigel: Is this a board decision?
- Michael/Rex: Staff want budget decision.
- Rex: Could we provide our own hardware solution?
- Nigel: I understand the want to be self-sufficient, but we would need a staff who has the knowledge and will to fix a self-managed system.
- Rex/Caelin: We have connections to Shaw/Telus, and will look into it.
|Board||Consensus: Assign funding to resolve this issue, most likely to pay for a new phone service.||Now|
|Nigel||Commit: Go in on Tuesday to work on a proposal for a new phone system with staff.||Friday|
|Rex||Commit: Look into getting a grant for a paid support worker.||Within the week|
- Nigel: Our financial forecast is 10% more expenses than planned for. Rent has gone up, which is part of this. I'm trying to determine the popularity vs. sales of desktops and laptops to ascertain how we should address this. Grant opportunities are not looking good, at the moment.
- Michael: I think the only financial bandaid grant we could get would be for rent.
- Caelin: I'm working on the banner design. Ashraf might have some time this summer to help with it. I decided to go with a Z-banner. We should probably get a tablecloth made for outreach, too. Staff are concerned about business cards, and we're trying to find a good solution to that.
- Rex: Google adwords grants are available.
- Michael: The Google grant is only useful if we advertise with Google. I'm not sure we have necessarily bad SEO, at the moment.
- Nigel: When you look up computer recycling in Vancouver, our name comes in the top results.
- Caelin: Our website needs to be better for it to be worth it.
- Michael: The website committee is working on improving it.